A new home

Monday, November 8, 2010

I've been here for a mere two months but it feels like I've been here forever. When I first stepped into London's Gatwick Airport, I felt a kind of rush. The blast of cold air gave me a high. I felt a compulsive urge to shake myself off from the dream. After years of planning, failing, planning, and finally succeeding, I am finally here!


In the course of 2 months, andami kong natutunan. Mula sa pag grocery hanggang sa pag abang ng tamang train sa tube. I also gained 5 new cards - one from the bank, oyster, laundry, key card, and my Uni's ID card. Nakakabaliw! It was scary at first pero the thrill of the adventure gave me a different high. Minsan parang gusto kong maiyak. It's a whole different spectrum of emotion - overwhelming happiness, sadness, fear, and thrill all at the same time. 


But of course I soon crashed back to reality. Grabe yung una kong lecture. In my first class, the professor was British. Parang may feeling of de ja vu. I spent more time staring rather than listening during the first day. Hahaha!


Pag tinitignan ko yung mga bahay dito, wow parang gusto ko na dito tumira. Very victorian, old fashioned, the kind of houses that I like. So many things to explore, so many things to do. I am drinking it all in.


If I am dreaming, please don't wake me up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment